Day 1 - Kaye - Happy New Year!!!!

2:38 PM





It has officially begun! Day 1 of my 365 Challenge starts off with a bang (if I do say so myself)!

We always ring in the new year at church for "Watch Night" Service. I've always done that. All my life. Grandma and mama raised us in church. So it's just "normal" to bring in the new year thanking God for the past year and praising Him for what's to come. HOWEVER comma...inner-Kaye really has a desire to party like a rock star on New Year's Eve. So, my yearly thing for NYE at church is to wear sequins. Sequins to me just says "festive" and "party". So whether I'm in church for a "praise party" or in New York's Time Square for an actual party (I plan on doing that next year or so), I will be dressed the part.

So...I conveniently found a super dope black fitted blazer adorned with clear sequins at a local thrift store in Chamblee, Georgia. I "splurged" a little on it, even though it was still pennies according to it's original price, I'm sure. Because it was for church - a casual services - I kept it simple. The blazer was the most flashy party of the outfit. I simply paired it with a white button down, black skinny jeans and a cute pair of pointed toe pumps. 

I got so many compliments! And you would never know that the entire outfit was thrifted and cost less than $20 bucks!!!

Here's the breakdown:

Blazer - $10
St. Vincent De Paul Thrift Store, Chamblee, GA

White Ralph Lauren Striped Button Down - $2
Attic Treasures Thrift Shop, Chamblee, Georgia
(after spinning to win 75% off on a Wednesday)

Black skinny jeans - $1
St. Vincent de Paul (color of the week, half off)

Steve Madden Pumps - 6
Attic Treasures (regular price for all their shoes)

This is gonna be fun!!!

-Kaye

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *