Day 3 - Kaye - 50 Shades of Grey: 2 Looks, 1 Day

8:59 PM

*(Let me start off by asking everyone to keep Tiger in your thoughts and prayers. He was so under the weather today that he couldn't get out the bed. So no post from him today. :( )

Well, it's not exactly 50 shades, but today's looks - yes, with an "s", because there were two -  consisted of at least 3 shades of grey. The monochromatic grey theme carried me through the entire day.

I'm a church girl - is it obvious, yet? - so my Sundays are dedicated to going to church and giving [my] God praise. Today is first Sunday. First Sunday at the RhemaNation (my incredible church!) has two services - morning worship, which is the traditional church attire setup; and Sunday Night Live, our evening church service, which is more relaxed and casual attire. I like dressing the part, so I always bring along a change of clothing for the second service. Today, was pretty bombshell, if I do say so myself. *insert cheesy laugh tracks*



My morning look consisted of a cute "churchy" getup. A fitted turtleneck, vintage pleated skirt, and a cute pair of heels. All grey. I'm sort of a minimalist when it comes to accessories (plus the fact that I don't really know how to wear a bunch and still feel cute....feel free to help me out....anyone), so I just threw on a thin pearly necklace and relied on my wedding rings to make up for the rest.

The evening look was pretty much the same as the morning look, except I swapped out the skirt for a very cute pair of high waisted double button pants. They were smokin! Even my little god-sister, Skylar, who's seven years old said to me, verbatim: "Girrrrl, you are WEARING those pants!" I took that compliment in stride....she's 7....she knows what she's talking about!

I also switched out the shoes today, too. For the evening look, I wore those Steve Madden pumps from my New Year's Eve/Day outfit. But for the morning look, I rocked a cute pair of strappy heels that I scored for just a buck a couple of weeks ago. I didn't think they were cute, until I put them on. They were super cute. No major expensive brand, just a cute pair of shoes.




Overall, I felt so good in both outfits. I can't even say which one I liked best (you can help with that....just comment to let me know what you think). I felt even better about the price, of course. I just took a trip to Park Avenue Thrift Outlet a couple of days ago - which just probably made my "best of" list - and scored BOTH the skirt and pants for $1.50 each. I obviously couldn't wait to wear them!

So, here's what I wore and how it panned out in the pocket:


Grey Express Design Studio Short/Puffy Sleeve Turtleneck top - $4
Attic Treasures Thrift Shop, Chamblee, GA

Grey Vintage John Meyer Pleated Skirt - $1.50
Park Avenue Thrift Outlet, Lawrenceville, GA (this is a God-send!! Everything in the store was $1.50, and even cheaper on other days!)

Grey High Waisted Double Button Wool Pants - $1.50
Park Avenue Thrift Outlet, Lawrenceville, GA

Grey Ann Michelle Strappy Pumps - $1
St. Vincent de Paul Thrift Store, Chamblee, GA

$7 for two different looks....in the same day..... God is pleased. :)

- Kaye
@okkKaye

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *